Visit Northeast Florida
Maps & Directions
Preferred Passenger Lane
Non-Discrimination (Title VI)
ADA Grievance Procedure & Form
Frequent Parker Program
Shopping & Dining
Amenities & Services
Executive Conference Room
Passenger Pickup Information
Police & Security
JAX IROP Plan
Reports, Rules & Regulations
UAS (Drone) Notification
Lease & Land Development
Where we fly
About Northeast Florida
EMPLOYMENT WITH JAA
Jacksonville Aviation Authority Police Department Transitions to Online Traffic Crash Reporting
The Jacksonville Aviation Authority Police Department (JAAPD) announced that it has entered into an agreement with iyeTek, LLC, to place traffic crash reports on-line. Ecrash.lexisnexis Accident Report System was selected to serve as the Authority’s traffic crash insurance and citizen request technology.
Ecrash.lexisnexis is an internet based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic crash reports in a more efficient manner. Through the use of online document management technology, crash reports will be available 24 hours a day once completed by the reporting officer.
Like most law enforcement agencies across the country, the JAAPD has been pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report requests. Benefits of the ecrash.lexisnexis system include:
• Allowing multi-jurisdictional data sharing and searching
• Facilitating web accessible availability of crash reports for insurance companies, officers and citizens
• Removing the police department from the billing and request fulfillment process
• Providing officers and investigators access to crash information for all agencies on the system
“We believe internet viewing and printing will significantly reduce the time it takes for insurance companies and citizens to obtain copies of traffic crash reports,” Director of Aviation Security Wayne Clark, Sr., noted. "It is our desire to provide a level of convenience to anyone wishing to view and print police reports in their home or business.” The JAAPD annually files nearly 200 traffic crash reports.
This new on-line method will provide a more expedient method for obtaining traffic crash report information.
• Reports are accessible from work or home, 24 hours a day via the internet
• Saves citizens the hassles of driving downtown, paying to park, and standing in line
• Reports are formatted as a PDF, making them easy to view, save, print and email
• Finding a report takes only a few seconds
• Reports are usually available within 24 hours of being completed, excluding holidays and weekends
• Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report integrity
• Provides clear, high-resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and printing
Filed reports can be accessed on ecrash.lexisnexis.com, for a nominal fee.